Brussels, 4th June - Junior Achievement Bulgaria has been nominated for the JA Worldwide 2009 J.B. Fuqua Global Excellence Award along with eight other Junior Achievement organizations around the world:
Junior Achievement Azerbaijan
Junior Achievement Brazil
Junior Achievement Bulgaria
Junior Achievement Dominicana
Junior Achievement El Salvador
Junior Achievement Nigeria
“This honor recognizes the JA Member whose inspiration, leadership, and performance best represents the core purpose and values of JA Worldwide;” explains Sean C. Rush, President & CEO, JA Worldwide®
The finalists have been selected against the following award criteria:
1. Member in Good Standing with JA Worldwide.
2. Member in existence a minimum of five years.
3. Average student growth rate, in the previous five years, of at least 20%.
4. Positive net asset position, as reflected in annual audits.
5. Participation in international events and support of other Members.
The award recipient will be announced on Thursday, July 23, during JA Worldwide Celebration Week 2009.
Caroline Jenner, CEO, JA-YE Europe adds; “It comes as no surprise to me that the team at Junior Achievement Bulgaria have been shortlisted for this award – their organization has continually developed to become the leader in entrepreneurship education in Bulgaria whilst also playing a key role in the European network and beyond. Congratulations!”